Generally, you may apply for naturalization if you are 18 years old and you have been a permanent resident for at least 5 years. You can also apply if you became a lawful permanent resident through marriage and have had your permanent residence for at least 3 years; you are still married to and have been living with the same U.S. citizen spouse for the last 3 years. Also, if you became a lawful permanent resident through marriage to an abusive U.S. citizen spouse and have had your green card at least 3 years. You do not need to be residing with your abusive spouse if that was the basis of your obtaining residence.

You must also be a person of good moral character. You must have continuously resided within the United States for the statutory period (3 or 5 years) prior to filing form N-400, and you must be physically present in the United States for at least half of the 3 or 5 years statutory period.

If you have ever been arrested, convicted or even have a lot of speeding tickets you should consult with an experienced immigration lawyer before you file for Naturalization. The Immigration officer will examine your entire file including how you got your permanent residence before you can become a citizen. Not only can your case be denied, you could end up in removal/deportation as a result. Take advantage of our free consultations and affordable payment plans, do not hesitate and contact The Santos Law Offices, PA at 305-417- 4111

Contact Us

Get in Touch


6780 Coral Way, Miami, FL 33155

Call at

305-417- 4111

Mockup Image