Family petitions

Family petitions

United States citizens and permanent residents can petition foreign relatives to immigrate to the United States for the purpose of family unity. Attorney Dalyla Santos has extensive experience in family-based petitions including adjustment of status. We can assist you with:

Form I-130 – Visa Petition for Immediate Relative: This visa enables a citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States to petition for certain alien relatives who wish to immigrate to the United States.

Form I-485 – Application for Lawful Permanent Residence: You can apply to adjust your status to that of a permanent resident of the United States.

Form I-765 – Application for Employment Authorization: Certain foreign nationals, who are eligible to work in the United States, use Form I-765 to request an employment authorization document (EAD).

Form I-864 – Affidavit of support: This form is required for most family-based immigrants and some employment-based immigrants to show that they have adequate means of financial support and are not likely to rely on the U.S. government for financial support.

U Visa - Victims of Crimes: This visa is for victims of certain crimes who have suffered mental or physical abuse and are helpful to law enforcement or government officials in the investigation or prosecution of criminal activity.

Visas for Battered Spouse, Children and Parents:As a battered spouse, child or parent, you may file an immigrant visa petition under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended by the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). The VAWA provisions in the INA allow certain spouses, children, and parents of U.S. citizens and certain spouses and children of permanent residents (Green Card holders) to file a petition for themselves, without the abuser's knowledge. This allows victims to seek both safety and independence from their abuser, who is not notified about the filing. Take advantage of our free consultations and affordable payment plans, do not hesitate and contact The Santos Law Offices, PA at 305-417- 4111.