Investor Visas

Investor Visas and Intra Company Transfer Visas

E-1 Visas, or Treaty Trader Visas, are issued for immigrants that wish to enter the United States to engage in a substantial trade between their home country and the U.S. This trade refers to an exchange of goods, services, money and/or technology.

E-2 Visas, or Treaty Investor Visas, allow immigrants to enter the U.S. in order to direct and develop a commercial enterprise or business they invested in, or are in the process of investing in. The U.S. must have a treaty of commerce with the home country of the immigrant, and the investment must be substantial. Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age of an E- 2 Visa holder may enter and remain in the United States by applying for Employment Authorization utilizing a Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization. Spouses and children of E-2 Visa holders may also attend school in the United States.

EB-5 Petitions, the employment-based fifth preference category, was created to attract foreign capital to the United States. In order to qualify under the EB-5 category, foreign investors must:

  • Invest $1 million in either a new or existing U.S. business or commercial enterprise that will create at least 10 full-time U.S. jobs

  • Invest $500,000 in a new or existing U.S. business or commercial enterprise that is in either a rural area, an area with a high unemployment rate, or by investing in a Regional Center.

  • Invest in a U.S. government designated Regional Center.

  • Prove that the investment will somehow benefit the U.S. economy.

L-1 Visa, or Intra Company Transfer Visas,are temporary visas for certain employees of foreign companies to obtain residency in the U.S. The L-1 Visa is a convenient way for transferring executives, managers and other specialized workers between affiliated companies. At The Santos Law Offices, PA we offer free consultations, if you are in need of an experienced and aggressive immigration lawyer and would like to arrange a free consultation, please contact The Santos Law Offices, PA Today.