Investor Visas Lawyer
EB-5 Visas in South Florida
Investing in a new or established business or regional center is the easiest way to immigrate to the United States. Once you obtain an EB-5 visa, you and your family can relocate while earning income through your investment. The U.S. welcomes investors who can boost the economy, so this is a popular way to move to the country.
While the visa is easier to obtain than some options, you need to prove that your investment will help the economy. Also, you must meet additional guidelines to immigrate to the United States and then take steps to remove the visa’s conditions and establish permanent residency. An EB-5 visa lawyer in South Florida can help you provide the documentation and proof needed to come to the United States. Then, your attorney can help you become a permanent resident if you wish.
How to Qualify for an EB-5 Visa
Your South Florida EB-5 visa lawyer will ensure you meet the requirements before filing your petition. You must:
- Invest at least $500,000 in a new or existing business in a targeted employment area
- Invest at least $1 million in an existing or new business that will create a minimum of 10 jobs
- Invest in a regional center designated by the U.S. government
- Show evidence that the investment will benefit the U.S. economy
If you are unsure if you meet the requirements, consult with an attorney at The Santos Law Offices.
The Eb-5 Visa And Permanent Residence Status
Your EB-5 visa is valid for two years. During that time, you and your family can live and work in the United States. You cannot leave the United States for more than one year with your initial EB-5 visa. If you leave the country for longer, you’ll need to get a re-entry permit to come back.
You can begin the process to remove the conditions of permanent residency three months before your initial visa expires. Your South Florida EB-5 visa lawyer can file Form I-829 on your behalf. Once approved, you will receive a Green Card that lasts for 10 years. You can renew your Green Card every 10 years, so you can live in the United States permanently. If you prefer, your attorney can also help you go through the U.S. citizenship and naturalization process after you hold your Green Card for five years.
Investing In A Regional Center
While some people dream of starting their own businesses in the United States, that’s not a passion everyone shares. If you want to invest but don’t want to worry about day-to-day ownership duties, you can obtain an EB-5 visa by investing in a regional center.
Regional centers are created to provide an economic boost to areas. These centers are tasked with creating jobs and improving productivity for the region. By investing in a regional center, you can help the country’s economy without taking on the significant risk of opening a new business.
While investing in regional centers provides ample benefits, there is a caveat. Congress must reauthorize the use of regional centers each year. You can speak to your South Florida EB-5 visa lawyer about the challenges and benefits of investing in a regional center.
Why Choose Santos Law offices
- Free Consultation – Go over your case during the free phone consultation.
- Highly Rated – The firm has received numerous rave reviews and recommendations on Google and Avvo.
- Bilingual – Dalyla Santos and the staff at The Santos Law Offices are fluent in English and Spanish, ensuring that each client receives proper representation.
- Multiple Practice Areas – The Santos Law Offices specializes in bankruptcy, civil litigation, insurance claims, and immigration.
- Personalized and Affordable Legal Services – Dalyla Santos truly cares about her clients. She provides personalized and affordable legal services to help individuals and citizens throughout South Florida.
- A Firm With Purpose – The Santos Law Offices gives back to the community through pro bono work, mentorships, and charitable donations. Also, employees are supported and recognized for the work they do.
Obtaining Money For The Investment
You cannot pool money and get approved for an EB-5 visa. For instance, if the minimum investment is $1 million, you cannot put in half and have a friend put in half, and both get visas. Instead, you must fund the entire investment to get approved for the visa. The USCIS will also examine your finances to ensure you obtained the money legally. Your investment can come from the sale of assets, your salary, a previous investment, an inheritance, or a gift. You can also fund the investment through a secured or unsecured loan. In addition, the value of the tangible property that you will use for the business can go toward the investment amount. Your South Florida EB-5 visa lawyer can go over your portfolio with you to help you decide how to fund your investment.
Employees For Your Business
Once you obtain your EB-5 visa, you’ll need to create at least 10 full-time jobs. The employees must work a minimum of 35 hours a week and can consist of U.S. citizens and Green Card holders. Keep in mind that your children and spouse don’t count toward the employee requirement. Also, you are not considered an employee, although you do need to take an active role in the business. The exception is if you invest in a regional center. Then, you don’t have to be involved in day-to-day operations. Also, when you invest in a regional center, both direct and indirect jobs count toward the employee requirement.
Real Clients, Real Reviews
Recent Blogs & Articles
Florida is home to millions of immigrants, many of them from the Caribbean and Latin America. According to the American Immigration Council, one out of …
On his first day in office, President Biden signed a memorandum aiming to “preserve and fortify” the DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) program. The …